BUILD BETTER BUILD GREEN
WHY BUILD GREEN?
Even greater savings for you - Higher energy efficiency requirements.
- Tankless water heaters
- High efficiency HVAC systems
- Reduced allergens and air infiltration
- Low emissions from building products
- Use of sustainable building products
- Recycle on site construction debris
- Use locally made and shipped materials
- Use products made with recycles materials
Protect the habitat
- Minimal disturbance of site, protect existing trees and vegetation
Rocky Mount's 1st Ever Certified Green Home
Rocky Mount's 2nd EVER Certified Green Home
Rocky Mount's 3rd EVER Certified Green Home
Rocky Mount's First Ever Certified Green Built Home as approved by the National Association of Home Builders
Mullen & Company was the first contractor in Rocky Mount to build a Green Certified home. Builder and Developer Charles Mullen has been an approved Energy Star contractor for some time, and has also had experience with “healthy home” construction. He also holds the Certified Green Professional designation (CGP), a requirement before any of his homes can be green certified. All homes in this subdivision are constructed to Energy Star certification level, but several include additional methods or requirements to obtain Green certification.
The National Green Building Standard is sponsored by NAHB and is the only green building rating system approved by the American National Standard Institute. All homes obtaining a certification are analyzed and verified throughout construction by a third party rater.